Lopas House is a small one-story cabin built by Edwin Lopas in 1878. Lopas was a former stove molder from Illinois who located his homestead on a high knoll in the Mountain View area of Ferndale. He was a very active community member, and was Postmaster at the Mountain View Post Office from 1899 to 1908. Afterwards he successfully operated a shingle mill on his property. The two story cabin was remodeled several times to accommodate his growing family.
Intalco Aluminum Corporation bought the original site and moved the cabin to their employee recreation area. In 1990, Intalco donated the cabin to Pioneer Park, where it now displays newspaper and printing memorabilia. The linotype equipment on display in the cabin was a process first used in 1866 and is still used on occasion to print newspapers and other items. Some of the printing equipment in the cabin is still functional and is occasionally run for demonstration purposes.