Foster House, originally constructed in 1895 near Squalicum Lake, was the first cabin moved to Pioneer Park in 1935. It was a somewhat crude example of split-cedar log house construction, but its 24-inch thick log walls and two-story height amply demonstrated the general size of regional pioneer log houses.
The Foster House was donated by D. Ross and moved by long time Old Settler Association member William Scrimsher. The building was dismantled, carried to the park as a log truckload and reassembled into a dovetailed pen on a slab concrete pad. A new frame roof and cedar shingles were added. The successful reconstruction of the Foster House displayed the possibility of saving the buildings in a meaningful way.
Today, the Foster House is filled with photographs, letters and other reminders of the past including a handmade license plate, shovel-nosed canoe, a plank from one of the plank roads and a bell from the Ferndale Nooksack River ferry crossing (prior to any bridges).